Quality Construction is all about the careful management of time, resources, choices and surprises to bring to life the project’s intended vision — At Ronald S. Hill Developments (RSHD), we follow a time-tested project management process to keep your project on track. Although individual projects will vary, the following timeline is based on a typical project managed by RSHD.
DESIGN - Building Design & Quotation
- Home Owner selects design from Design Gallery
- RSHD provides an initial Materials Package quote (roughly estimated at 40% of the total construction cost). This preliminary project costing is a starting point to help clients make a decision on the design they are considering and to determine whether or not to move ahead with the project.
PLANNING (3-4 weeks)
- RSHD views site for building placement, issues & options
- Home Owner makes specific window & materials selections;
- RSHD resolves any structural requirements, and provides recommendations on design & materials.
Budget and Contract
- RSHD will fold the initial Materials Package quote into a complete construction budget to provide the client a better idea of the overall cost to build the project. This budget estimate is a free service.
- RSHD develops materials package sales contract;
- RSHD develops a fixed fee project management contract;
- Home Owner reviews & signs materials package Contract;
- Home Owner reviews & signs project management Contract.
DRAWINGS (1-4 weeks)
- RSHD works with Home Owner on building details and decisions
- RSHD manages specifications and drawings;
- Home Owner receives “First Review” drawings;
- Home Owner approves, signs off on review drawings;
- RSHD co-ordinates building team, materials & timelines;
- RSHD tenders work to electrical, plumbing & heating trades, etc.;
- RSHD revises the budget with “real numbers” of accepted quotes.
PERMITS (2-4 weeks)
Building Permits and Applications:
- RSHD manages permit drawings;
- Home Owner reviews and signs off on permit drawings.
- Home Owner provides land survey;
- RSHD arranges Septic Engineer report;
- RSHD submits drawings, surveys & reports for permits.
PROJECT START UP (4-8 weeks)
- Off-Site: Manufacture of Post & Beam Package,Delivery of Post & Beam Package
- On-Site: Site preparation, Pour foundation
BUILDING - (5-12 weeks) - RSHD Begins On-site Construction:
RSHD Begins On-site Construction:
- Erection of Post & Beam Shell (Roof, walls, insulation, subfloors, etc);
- Windows & exterior door installation;
- RSHD provides Home Owner with progress reports, budget status.
FINISHING (3-8 weeks) Finishings & Fixture Installations:
- RSHD works with Home Owner on finishing details and decisions;
- Drywall installation, painting of walls (primer & coats) & wood stain/wax/ etc.
- Completion of electrical, plumbing, heating and fixture installations;
- Cabinetry & counter installation, closet finishing;
- Stair and interior door installations, interior floor finishes;
- Window casings / door trim, baseboards, wall & ceiling trim;
- Exterior finish & trim, foundation parging, decks, railings.
Dream Home Move-In:
- · Ready for appliances, carpet installations, Home Owner Move-in